Kirklees Council is committed to supporting participants into further education, employment, and training or volunteering. To do this, the Council secures external funding from a number of funding bodies. This may include but is not restricted to Department for Work & Pensions (DWP), European Union, Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) and/or Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership. In order to fulfil our obligation and ensure that the best support is provided to participants, it is necessary to share information with local agencies and with funding bodies.
The categories of information that we collect, process, hold and share include:
• Personal information (such as name, client/reference number, address, postcode, telephone number, national insurance number, country of birth, date of birth, marital status, driving licence number, employment status, qualifications and education level, benefit status, household situation and any dependent children
• Special characteristics (such as gender, ethnicity, disability status and type, language spoken, health information, faith/religion)
• Attendance information
• Assessment information
• Progression on programme such as completion, volunteering, learning/education & employment
Why we collect and hold this information
We use participant data on programmes to:
• Enable us to carry out specific functions for which we are responsible
• Provide the most effective support that we can
• Understand all the problems affecting participants
• Target help and support to those who need it most
• Evaluate performance and to set targets for programmes
• Co-ordinate and deliver services for participants in Kirklees
• Derive anonymised statistics which inform decisions and evaluate the effectiveness of the support provided
• Assess performance and to set targets for programmes
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use this information under Article 6: 1(e) processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller;
Article 9: 2(b) processing is necessary for the purposes of carrying out the obligations and exercising specific rights of the controller or of the data subject in the field of employment and social security and social protection law in so far as it is authorised by Union or Member State law or a collective agreement pursuant to Member State law providing for appropriate safeguards for the fundamental rights and the interests of the data subject.
Kirklees Council has duties placed under the Local Government Act. Further detail can be found at the Local Government Act Extract 2 Promotion of well-being. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2000/22
Storing this information
Kirklees Council holds your personal information in a secure environment. We hold participant data for a minimum of 6 years from the end of the financial year in which the programme ends. However, the Council may be required to hold your information for longer due to funding requirements. Where this is the case, this will be detailed in the programme specific privacy notice.
Who we share this information with
We routinely share participant information with:
Further information can be found in the programme specific privacy notices
Any data shared will be transferred, handled, stored and securely destroyed after the completion of the programme in accordance with GDPR.
Why we share this information
We share participant data with funding bodies as this forms part of our legal requirement. This data sharing underpins funding, educational attainment policy and monitoring and enables them to produce statistics, assess our performance, evaluate government funded programmes, make accurate grant payments and ensure the best use of public funding. We may share your information with local agencies to fulfil our legal requirements under law. We may also share your information with our delivery partners, where you are accessing the programme, in order to ensure that you receive the right level of support.
If you would like further information about how we manage your data specifically for the programme you are engaged on, please see the privacy notice Kirklees Council at http://www.kirklees.gov.uk/beta/information-and-data/how-we-use-your-data.aspx
If you would like further information about this privacy notice, please contact:
Employment and Skills Team
If you have any worries or questions about how your personal data is handled, please contact the Data Protection Officer at DPO@kirklees.gov.uk or by ringing 01484 221000.